BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, September 29, 2017

Review For BEST DAY EVER By Kaira Rouda-5*

Title: Best Day Ever
Author: Kaira Rouda
Genre: 
Psychological Thriller
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Graydon House
(Sept 19, 2017)
Hardback: 352 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley


The perfect couple is the perfect illusion...
"I glance at my wife as she climbs into the passenger seat, and I am bursting with confidence. Today will be everything I’ve promised her…and more…”
Paul Strom has the perfect life: a glittering career as an advertising executive, a beautiful wife, two healthy boys and a big house in a wealthy suburb. And he’s the perfect husband: breadwinner, protector, provider. That’s why he’s planned a romantic weekend for his wife, Mia, at their lake house, just the two of them. And he's promised today will be the best day ever. But as Paul and Mia drive out of the city and toward the countryside, a spike of tension begins to wedge itself between them and doubts start to arise. How much do they trust each other? And how perfect is their marriage, or any marriage, really?

Forcing us to ask ourselves just how well we know those who are closest to us, Best Day Ever crackles with dark energy, spinning ever tighter toward its shocking conclusion. In the bestselling, page-turning vein of The Couple Next Door and The Dinner, Kaira Rouda weaves a gripping, tautly suspenseful tale of deception and betrayal dark enough to destroy a marriage…or a life. 
You are quickly queued in by the author that Paul is a controlling as***
by his thoughts on the drive to their lake house. He doesn't like to stop when driving so he "graciously" allows a stop so Mia can go to the bathroom. He actually has "rules" for most everything! She manages to one up him however, when he stops at McDonald's and she asks if he'd like anything. He immediately responds "fries" to which she shakes her head and brings him bottled water. Score one for Mia! Cause of course he needs to hydrate! The fact that Paul realizes he does not respond well emotionally and has to school himself to feel sadness and other emotions is a tip-off that he may also be a bit psycho. 
Once I started this book, barely 50 pages in, I knew I was going to be up all night reading so hubby got leftovers (it was steak and potatoes so I didn't feel too bad though I did read through most of the meal). I did the dishes and got a shower in less than 10 minutes so I would not have to move again till I finished. If you enjoy peeking behind the curtain at what on the outside appears to be a "perfect" life, you are going to enjoy this ride!


Kaira Rouda is a USA TODAY bestselling, multiple award-winning author of contemporary fiction exploring what goes on behind closed doors of seemingly perfect lives. 
She lives in Southern California with her family and is at work on her next novel. Connect with her on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest: @KairaRouda; and on Facebook at Kaira Rouda Books. 
If you'd like to host Kaira at your book club, in person or via Skype/Facetime, please reach out through her website KairaRouda.com.

No comments: